Take a leafy stroll through Madison Square Park, Gramercy Park, and Greenwich Village to trace Oscar Wilde's debut in the social and literary world.
Based on original and unique research into Wilde and his circle in the New York of the gilded age, see how Wilde was influenced by the aesthetic movement of the period, and how, in turn, he influenced the society of today.
Conducted by John Cooper.
Go to Web Site.
Tours Conducted For:
The Oscar Wilde Society (London, UK)
The Oscar Wilde Society of America
Irish Arts Centre, NY
The Municipal Arts Society (MAS), New York
The New York 19th Century Society
New York City Steampunks
Long Island University (Dept. of English)
The Bartitsu Club of NYC
92nd Street Y
Tisch School of the Arts (NYU)
The Oscar Wilde Club (NY)
The Victorian Society in America:
- New England Chapter
- Northern NJ Chapter
- Philadelphia Chapter
- David Friedman (US author)
- Tamaki Horie (Professor, Osaka Prefecture University, Japan)
- Arthur Marks (NYC Historian)
- Chris Spurr (BBC Radio 3)
- Walter W. Walker (Independent Scholar, Publisher)
- Jade Esteban Estrada (Entertainer)
- Shanga Parker (Actor, Educator)
- Cast and crew members of The Judas Kiss, BAM
- John O'Connor, Artistic Director, European Arts Company