correction as to previous itineraries
Previously published itineraries list the venue as "Old Academy"; however, it was never known officially by this name and the reference may have been a colloquialism.
Academy of Music
215 E. Berry St., Fort Wayne, IN (between Clinton and Barr Streets). It is the small white-fronted building at left
Built as The Rink: 1870
(a roller skating venue)
Converted to a public hall: c. 1878-80
Later known as The People's Theatre, which name is on the sign in the above image made from a photograph in 1899.
The Pictorial History of Fort Wayne, Indiana, by Bert Joseph Griswold, Mrs. Samuel R. Taylor. Robert O. Law Company (1917).